Jump to Section
Hydromorphone (brand name Dilaudid) is a prescription opioid often used as a treatment for pain and excessive coughing. Unfortunately, abuse of this drug is common, which can lead quickly to addiction. Professional treatment is necessary to end Dilaudid abuse, especially once addiction has set in. Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? today to find the best Dilaudid addition treatment program for your needs.
Dilaudid Abuse and Addiction
Also known by its street names “D, dillies, dust, [and] footballs,” Dilaudid is a severely addictive drug when abused regularly (Drug Enforcement Administration). Abuse of the medication can cause
- Dependence and withdrawal symptoms
- Problems at work and home
- Legal issues
- Financial problems
- Overdose, which can be deadly
- Severe physical and mental health problems
Professional treatment can help a person not only end their abuse of Dilaudid but also mend the other problems in their lives. But it is very important to choose the right treatment program for one’s needs. Choosing the wrong program may cause you to leave early, and as stated by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Successful outcomes often depend on a person’s staying in treatment long enough to reap its full benefits.”
How Do I Choose the Best Dilaudid Addiction Treatment Program?
You can choose the best program by following a few key steps and taking the time to find the right facility before attending treatment.
- First, consider your specific needs as an individual in recovery. Any treatment options you require will be necessary to your safe recovery, and you may need help from your treatment program solving financial, legal, vocational, or other issues associated with your substance abuse. However, not all of your needs will pertain to your addiction itself. For example, you may require kosher meals at your rehab facility or a private room. Once you consider all these needs, you can start looking for a program that will meet them.
- Second, consider whether you require inpatient or outpatient care. Is your addiction severe? Do you have other issues associated with your substance abuse, such as co-occurring mental disorders? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, you may need inpatient treatment. If your situation is less intense, outpatient care may be just as beneficial to you.
- Third, consider the other aspects that will affect your treatment choice, including:
Length: 30, 60, and 90 day programs are common, but you may want to choose a longer program.
Cost: Affordable options are available, as are luxury rehab centers at varying prices.
Treatment options offered: Do you require a certain type of treatment for your Dilaudid addiction such as methadone, buprenorphine, or cognitive-behavioral therapy?
Location: Do you want to attend treatment close to home or in another state?
Once you have considered all of these variables, you will have a good idea of the treatment option you need and can choose the best program for you.
Seek Dilaudid Addiction Treatment Now
We can help you find the best program for your needs based on the steps above, and we can also aid you in finding out if a particular facility will take your insurance or suit your specific situation. Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? today, and begin your journey of recovery as soon as possible.