If you are struggling with an addiction to any kind of dangerous substance, it is important to seek treatment in a professional atmosphere. Without this kind of help, it can be nearly impossible to recover safely from this kind of disorder. Call 800-836-4134 today to get help and to find the best rehab centers available for your specific needs.
Why Do Addicts Need Treatment?
Addicts need treatment because, without it, it can be extremely difficult to stop abusing drugs. When a person begins using, they make the choice to do so, but as they continue, the choice is slowly taken away from them. Their brain is affected by the drug, and soon, changes are made to the way the individual thinks, causing their drug abuse to become involuntary. Once this happens, even if an addict wants to stop abusing drugs, they often cannot do it on their own.
Rehab is a very effective option for recovery, one that has helped many individuals create changes in their lives for the better. Not only does it help put a stop to substance abuse, but according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, it can also
- Reduce an addict’s chances of relapse
- Decrease criminal activity
- Improve relationships with family members, friends, etc.
- Improve professional lives, help addicts financially, etc.
- Treat both medical and psychological issues associated with the addict’s substance abuse
Without this kind of care, it is often very hard for an addict to recover from their substance use disorder and the other issues surrounding it in order to reclaim their life. But first, you may want to ask yourself if your substance abuse has already become a full-blown addiction.
Am I An Addict?
Knowing whether or not you are truly an addict can be difficult, as you may not be able to be fully objective. It can help immensely to talk to your doctor and seek their help before choosing a particular treatment program. But there are certain signs that addiction may have already set in, and if you notice yourself exhibiting these signs, it is likely time to seek help in the form of a professional treatment program.
- Do you use drugs/drink every day?
- Have other people in your life ever expressed concern about your substance abuse?
- Have you become hostile when this occurs?
- Have you often neglected important responsibilities in order to use?
- Do you feel you are struggling with issues of depression, anxiety, or other psychological problems that have increased since you started using?
- Do you crave drugs and think about using them even when you’re not?
- Does your life revolve around your substance abuse?
- Have any serious consequences occurred in the last year as a result of yours substance abuse, including: getting arrested, losing your job, losing an important relationship, or experiencing financial problems?
- In spite of these issues, do you still feel you will not be able to stop using on your own?
If you answered yes to several of these questions, especially the last one, you are likely dealing with an addiction and will absolutely need to seek treatment. No longer having control over your substance abuse is the strongest sign of addiction, and in this case, you will need help in order to make a change (NIDA).
Treatment Leads to Successful Recovery
Every individual is different, but professional rehab is usually the best option for those who are struggling with substance abuse and their control over this issue. Once a person’s use of drugs is no longer voluntary, trying to stop without anyone else’s help can seem impossible. This is why it is so much more beneficial, and in many cases, necessary, to seek addiction treatment in a professional atmosphere.
Rehab programs come in all shapes and sizes, and choosing the one that is best for you is very important to the process. We can help; call 800-836-4134 to discuss your substance abuse with a recovery expert and to find the best rehab program for your specific needs. Treatment is very often necessary to a safe and successful recovery, and we want you to begin yours as soon as possible. Call today.