Jump to Section
Addiction treatment specifically geared to and created for women could be extremely beneficial to your specific situation. Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? to learn more about a treatment program that provides assistance specifically to female patients, and find out if this type of program may be right for you.
What is Gender Specific Treatment?
This type of treatment program provides assistance to individuals of a specific gender. Usually, these facilities are created mostly for women because they often have unique and additional needs on top of the main requirements of an individual in addiction recovery. Rehab centers of this type are usually residential programs that provide 24-hour care to patients in a safe, secure environment and controlled treatment that will benefit an individual’s specific needs.
If you are a woman searching for safe and reliable addiction care, you may want to consider gender specific treatment. Even if you do not believe it to be a necessity now, it could be essential in the long run to creating your best recovery possible. Allow us to discuss the benefits of this type of program with you by calling 800-836-4134 Who Answers? now.
Why is Gender Specific Treatment Necessary?
Women have unique needs when it comes to recovery and addiction treatment. It can be much safer for female patients to be able to attend treatment with others of their gender as well as easier for them to open up. If you have experienced additional issues that have helped cause or have been associated with your addiction that directly relate to your gender, our program could be extremely beneficial to you.
Below are a few reasons why gender-specific treatment exists and why it is helpful and, sometimes, absolutely necessary under certain circumstances.
- Women are more likely to suffer from trauma and subsequent PTSD related to their substance abuse than men who seek treatment. As this is considered a comorbid condition that, without proper treatment, could lead to further issues associated with substance abuse and other problems, making sure that women receive the proper care is paramount.
- Women in substance abuse treatment often need assistance with childcare, including learning better parenting skills and other important aspects of raising children. Other women may also be pregnant or have young children, which will cause them to have other needs pertaining to their treatment.
- Women seek treatment not only more often but also for different reasons than men. Many women feel pressure from their family members to seek the help they require, which can largely alter their perception of treatment and their motivations for seeking it.
- Different biological, social, and environmental factors associated with gender can change one’s motivation for drug use. These factors need to be taken into account for the treatment of women who have struggled with substance abuse.
- Financial independence is an issue many more women struggle with than men. Treatment centers have to be sensitive about this issue because many women struggling with addiction do not have their own finances in order to seek the recovery they need.
Because of these issues that predominate in one gender, it can be enormously beneficial to attend a program that only focuses on your gender and the issues normally associated with it. You could receive considerable help with these and other matters concerning your recovery in a gender-specific treatment program. Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? now to find out more.
How Could Women’s Only Rehab Benefit Me?
We can help you create a treatment plan that takes all your individual needs into account, as well as the needs often associated with your gender in recovery situations. Consider the ways in which women’s only rehab can benefit you and call today.
- If you are suffering from a comorbid disorder, especially PTSD or issues surrounding any physical or sexual trauma you may have experienced, it is likely that this has helped lead to or is at least associated with your substance abuse. You will presumably feel safer in an environment where all the other patients are female, as well as more comfortable with the program itself in this instance.
- Group therapy can ask patients to share aspects of themselves that are not only very private but intense. You may feel more at ease attending group sessions with other women because they will be more likely to understand your situation (having likely gone through it themselves) and more respectful of your feelings.
- Many rehab centers understand that childcare is an enormous priority for women in recovery. We can help you find a program that will keep your children safe while you are in rehab as well as help you learn better ways to connect with and attend to your children once you are in recovery.
- Pregnant patients also have particular needs, and we understand this. At our safe and secure rehab center, we provide patients at any stage of pregnancy with the sound and reliable care you would expect of any doctor’s office or prenatal program.
- We also understand that your journey of deciding to seek treatment in the first place probably wasn’t easy. In this sense, we will do whatever we can to ensure that you are able to make a smooth transition into treatment and receive as much assistance as possible for this shift. Financial, family, and safety issues will all be handled discreetly and with the utmost care.
- Our doctors, nurses, counselors, and other staff members all understand the unique needs of female patients and will listen to your concerns with the intent to do everything they can to help you recover safely.
Seek Safe and Reliable Addiction Treatment Now
If you are looking for a recovery program that will take your needs into consideration, allow you to transition into and out of treatment safely, and understand your unique requirements as a woman, we can help. We can also help you find out if your insurance program will be able to cover your treatment and how much of your costs will be covered. Addiction recovery is only one step away, so call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? to find out if women’s only treatment is the right program for your needs.