Jump to Section
Most treatment centers accept insurance as a form of payment for services, and most insurance plans now provide coverage to individuals who require addiction treatment. Call 888-810-3710 Who Answers? now to find rehab centers that will accept your insurance plan and provide you with safe, effective addiction and recovery care.
Do Most Rehab Facilities Accept Insurance?
Fortunately, yes, most rehab facilities do allow patients to pay for their addiction treatment with their insurance plans. This is largely because of the Affordable Health Care Act, which changed the way addiction treatment can be obtained and paid for in many ways.
- Addiction is no longer considered a pre-existing condition that the treatment for which insurance providers can refuse to pay. Instead, mental health––in all aspects including addiction recovery––is now considered an essential health benefit, which means that any plan sold through the Healthcare Marketplace must provide coverage for mental health and addiction treatment.
- More facilities are being opened all the time to meet these needs for safe, reliable recovery treatment that insurance policies must help pay for.
- Individuals who could not previously afford health insurance now can because of the less expensive plans provided through the Healthcare Marketplace.
You can call us at 888-810-3710 Who Answers? to find out more about getting reliable treatment that accepts your insurance coverage. It is no longer as difficult as it once was to find rehab centers that accept insurance as a payment option for addiction treatment, as most insurance plans are required to provide this kind of care to people like you.
Who Can Get Insurance?
Anyone can get an insurance plan, although what plan you choose and what it will cover may depend strongly on your personal financial situation, your income, your family situation, etc.
The Affordable Care Act provides tax credits to Americans who fall between the federal poverty level and four times that level. If your income is higher than this amount––or the combined income of your family size is higher––you can find insurance through traditional means in order to receive the program you want and to be able to attend treatment with the help of your insurance plan.
What Can Insurance Cover as Part of My Addiction Rehab?
Insurance plans will often cover a number of aspects of your professional addiction recovery program, such as:
- An evaluation with a healthcare professional
- Drug testing
- Medication to help minimize your cravings, reduce your withdrawal symptoms, reestablish normal brain functions, and make your recovery much easier
- Behavioral therapy that can teach you to recognize and avoid your triggers, cope with stress and cravings, participate in more healthful activities and behaviors that are synonymous with a drug-free lifestyle, and view your addiction in a new way
Depending on your plan, it will likely cover different aspects of your recovery, and what it will be able to help cover is important to know. You can also call today to find out what your plan will cover in your overall treatment and how you can get the most help for your addiction recovery.
Will My Insurance Plan Pay for Everything?
It isn’t often that your insurance plan will cover every aspect of your treatment. Depending on your plan, it will likely cover 60 to 90 percent of your treatment costs, and while some plans cover less or more, you will often be expected to pay a certain amount in order to attend a specific treatment program or receive the options you need such as medication, behavioral therapy, drug testing, etc.
Just as you likely have a copay whenever you go to visit your doctor, see a specialist, or get a specific test done, this will likely be a part of your treatment for addiction recovery. Still, there are important aspects of payment to understand as well.
- Your insurance plan will provide you with certain options, and it can be helpful to choose those which your plan is able to cover. Still, you must make sure that the plan you choose will cater to your needs as well and allow you to receive the best treatment possible for your recovery.
- It is normal to pay for some aspects of your medical care. Addiction treatment is healthcare, after all, and you should not merely choose the cheapest option for your health simply because of the price.
- Many rehab centers, especially inpatient facilities, provide patients with additional payment options, such as financing their personal costs of treatment. This way, you can pay back any money you owe that your insurance may not have covered on a schedule that is comfortable for you and that does not leave you with any long-term financial problems.
How Do I Find a Treatment Center that Will Accept My Insurance?
We can help you find rehab facilities that will accept your plan as well as tell you how much of your recovery treatment the specific plan will cover. You deserve help in finding the right rehab center as well as the program that will cater to your needs, including those associated with your income and finances.
We can help you find the safest program possible as well as the facility that will take your personal situation into account in order to provide you with quality care. Call 888-810-3710 Who Answers? today.
You can also call your insurance program if you currently have one and ask the questions below:
- What treatment options am I covered for in terms of mental health, addiction, recovery, etc.?
- Are certain treatment methods (medications, behavioral therapy, group therapy, drug testing, etc.) offered to me through my plan?
- Do I need to visit my primary care physician or provide my insurance company with any other information before I receive this coverage?
Seek Addiction Treatment Now
You deserve to find the recovery program that will be most beneficial to you, and your insurance plan can help pay for it. Call 888-810-3710 Who Answers? immediately to find answers to all your questions about recovery, addiction treatment, insurance, and payment plans.