Jump to Section
Choosing an addiction rehab center can be a daunting task, but if you take it one step at a time, you will be able to find the right program for your needs. Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? to receive additional help choosing the right facility and to ask any questions you may have about addiction and treatment.
Step One: Consider All Your Needs
It is very important that the treatment program you choose will be able to cater to all of your needs. This not only concerns the needs pertaining to your recovery and your addiction but also to those which may not be associated with this issue at all. Examine each category of needs individually, and ask yourself if your treatment will affect your ability to meet them.
- Medical: Do you require 24-hour hospitalization for a medical condition?
- Psychological: Do you have a co-occurring mental disorder that is intensifying your addiction?
- Social: Do you need help getting to know others or meeting people who will support you in your recovery? Are you struggling with issues amongst your loved ones and require family therapy?
- Housing: Do you have somewhere safe and comfortable to stay after treatment has ended? Is your current living situation adding to your addiction problems?
- Educational: Do you want to learn more about the drug you have been abusing and the issues it is causing in your life? What about HIV prevention and other issues that are important to recovering addicts? Would you also like to find out ways in which you can receive an education if you have not yet done so?
- Vocational: Did you lose your job as a result of your substance abuse? Do you need help building a new resume or finding companies that will hire you out of treatment?
- Legal: Were you arrested, fined, or did you experience any other legal problems associated with your behavior during your substance abuse?
Not only must these needs be addressed, but you will also want to ensure that your treatment center will be appropriate to the other aspects of your daily life, personality, and situation. For example, do you primarily speak Spanish or will you require an interpreter who can communicate in sign language?
These are very important questions to answer, and your treatment center must be able to accommodate requirements of this nature. Your age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and culture could all enter into this consideration.
Step Two: Make a List
Once you have considered your needs from every angle, you will need to make a list of everything you will require from your treatment program. Your list may look something like this:
- 24-hour care
- A safe environment
- Bilingual staff
- Vocational and educational help
- Holistic treatment options
- Visiting hours for family and friends
- Aftercare transitional help
This list can be as long or as short as you want, but remember all the needs you list should be important to your recovery, your health, and to your personal situation. Treatment should be individualized to fit your circumstances, and when you find the right facility, the staff will be more than happy to help ensure that all your needs are met.Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? now for help compiling your list and to discuss possible rehab centers that would be able to meet these needs.
Step Three: Enlist the Help of Others
Knowing that you are not alone in this endeavor can make it much easier to undertake. If there are any friends, family members, coworkers, or other people in your life who support your decision to seek treatment and are willing to help you, ask them to look for the right treatment options with you and to give you their general support while you are searching. Your friends and loved ones can:
- Call different facilities for you
- Help you compile your list of needs and suggest any important aspects you may have forgotten
- Allow you to stay with them until you find a permanent treatment program
- Take care of your home, pets, or children while you are in rehab
They can also be extremely helpful in reminding you that you have made the right decision in searching for professional treatment and that you will be able to recover safely and effectively from substance abuse through rehab. Our recovery experts can also help reassure you and allow you to find the right treatment options for your needs.
Step Four: Find Your Treatment Program
By calling 800-836-4134 Who Answers? , you will be able to find rehab centers that will cater specifically to you and create a treatment program that focuses on your specific situation.
We can match you with the rehab center that will not only be most helpful to your needs but will also take your insurance, provide a safe and comfortable environment, and benefit your overall situation beyond your initial recovery.
Once you are matched with a particular treatment center, make sure to ask these important questions:
- How long does the program normally last?
- What treatment options are available in the program?
- How much of the total cost will my insurance cover?
- What are my options for financing, etc.?
- What should I bring with me to the facility? What shouldn’t I bring?
- What should I expect from the program?
- Can I visit the facility before I choose to attend treatment there?
Step Five: Visit the Facility
Once you feel all your questions about treatment have been answered, there will be nothing left but to officially visit the facility. You will want to make sure that the center itself makes you feel comfortable and at ease and that the staff is amiable and warm. You will be more likely to finish out your program if you feel comfortable and relaxed at the facility, and visiting it before you sign on to treatment will be the final test.
Choose Professional Addiction Rehab Now
It is important to learn all you can about your rehab options as well as to consider all your needs before you choose a program. We can help you find out which program will be most beneficial to you in order to choose the right facility and to begin your recovery in the safest, most effective way possible. Call 800-836-4134 Who Answers? now to end your substance abuse for good and begin your life anew.